So you’re hosting a big celebration soon, and you’re thinking about hiring party catering in Honolulu, HI to cook up and serve some authentic Hawaiian cuisine. Don’t hire just any caterer—here are a few key qualities to look for in a catering company:
- Fresh, local ingredients: Eating healthy, fresh, organic and local foods has become more and more important to many people—not just for them, but for their families, too. Look for a catering company that is focused on providing their customers with only the finest quality food that is also sourced as locally as possible. And if organic is a must for your party, then find a company that uses only certified organic ingredients.
- A good reputation: Even though we can find answers on the Internet, nothing solidifies things quite like hearing it from other people. If it’s something we are interested in and someone else has already experienced that service or tried a certain product, then we feel more reassured. Small businesses rely on their reputations to help them stand out in the sea of competition, through word of mouth from your friends and family, write-ups in local publications and customers giving positive reviews about their experiences. Because hiring a catering service for a large event involves a lot of money, a catering company’s reputation should definitely be factored into your final decision.
- Start-to-finish service: Hosting a party can take require a lot of time and energy. Why not hire a full service catering company to take on the responsibility of everything food-related? Be clear about what you expect the catering company to do for your party. If you want everything from the banquet table and seating arrangements to final cleanup, then make sure it’s a part of the agreement before you sign or pay any money up front.
- Authentic Hawaiian food: Since you are looking for party catering in Honolulu, HI, you’d better not be going with a cuisine other than Hawaiian! From vegetables and meats to local desserts, take advantage of all that the islands have to offer. Inquire of catering companies whether they offer small sample tastings of their catered menu, and bring a friend who is knowledgeable in Hawaiian food so they can help you decide.
- Responsiveness to questions: Some party hosts don’t ask the caterers questions ahead of time, while other hosts do. Especially if it’s a small catering business, the owner should be willing to take the time to answer your questions and listen to any requests. Any company that does not respond to your communications or is unable to give you solid answers may not be the best choice to do business with. And when it comes to food, you should never take chances.
When you hire Haili’s Hawaiian Foods for party catering in Honolulu, HI, what you’ll get is traditional and authentic Hawaiian food that’s prepared by a family who cares about their customers. Contact us today to see our menu or to schedule a service!