When you have to make eating arrangements for a large group of people, it can often be difficult to find a cuisine that pleases everyone. Whether it is a group of coworkers, an athletic team or an extended family, large groups often contain at least a few picky eaters, a few people with allergies and intolerances and a few people who are on a special diet.
With all those conflicting needs, it might be tempting to just throw in the towel and have people fend for themselves. But when you bring your large group to a restaurant serving traditional Hawaiian foods in Honolulu, HI, you will likely find dishes that can accommodate everyone’s wants, needs and restrictions. Here’s a closer look at why traditional Hawaiian foods in Honolulu, HI are the best choice for any big group:
- Healthy options: Hawaiian food is one of those rare cuisines that is actually as good for you as it is delicious. Our food tends to be low in carbs, and seafood is the main protein in many of our dishes, meaning our food is light, low in unnecessary calories and packed full of nutrients. Both the healthy eaters and the indulgers will rejoice when you bring them to an authentic Hawaiian restaurant.
- Simple and complex: These days, restaurant goers seem to be divided into two camps: there are the dedicated foodies, always on the hunt for the next tasty indulgence, and there are the picky eaters, craving simple food done well. These two groups can unite as one at Hawaiian restaurants, where simple, elegant dishes like poke and ahi tuna intersect with more complex stews and plate lunches.
- Restriction friendly: Gluten intolerances, seafood allergies, vegetarian diets and lactose intolerance are all common food restrictions that can throw a wrench into an otherwise simple group meal. But Hawaiian cuisine is typically naturally free of gluten and lactose, and we offer a variety of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. Whatever restrictions are present in your group, a skilled Hawaiian chef can usually accommodate them.
- Filling and sustaining: When you are on an important business trip, having a big family reunion or just entertaining a large group for the day, you need a lunch or dinner that is filling enough to get you through the day, but not so heavy that it drags you down. Filled with healthy nutrients, Hawaiian food is the perfect solution for any big group.
- Local flavor: If your large group is visiting from out of state, they are likely to be looking for an authentic Hawaiian experience. Much of Hawaiian culture can be experienced through our delicious food, and when you visit a family Hawaiian restaurant like Haili’s Hawaiian Foods, your group will get a truly authentic taste of the Islands.
When you need to feed a large group, you might want to consider visiting or requesting catering from Haili’s Hawaiian Foods, your source for the best traditional Hawaiian foods in Honolulu, HI. Come by or give us a call anytime for more information.