You’ve booked the venue, the guests have rsvp and you have a general idea what food you want to serve. Hosting a small dinner party of six is no problem, but preparing food for several dozen people can pose a challenge. This is where catering services in Honolulu, HI comes in.
A catering service will provide the menu, the buffet line-up and other services you may want for your event. But, although hiring a catering company sounds like a cinch, there are five important questions you should ask yourself before hiring catering services in Honolulu, HI.
- What is my budget? First and foremost, set a separate food catering budget and know what you can afford to pay. You are not paying for just the food, but for a company’s catering services and a tip as well, which is why having a budget in mind is very important.
- Have I sampled the food or can I before hiring this company? Even if you have tasted your chosen caterer’s food in the past, be sure to sample everything you might want to have served at your event before selecting foods for the final menu. Checking out reviews and getting caterer recommendations is a plus, but ultimately, you need to be the final judge. The food will be a reflection on your taste, and you don’t want to leave a sour taste in your guests’ mouths.
- How many people are coming to the event? Many catering companies have created menus according to party size or they can predict how much food will be needed — this is why they are the pros! To ensure that there will be enough food, send out invites early and request to have responses by a certain time. By doing this you can have a headcount to give to the caterer when you contact them.
- Does anyone have dietary restrictions? Being a good host means accommodating everyone as best you can. Consider asking guests about any food allergies or dietary restrictions on the rsvp so the catering company can be informed well ahead of the event date.
- Does the catering service offer setup and takedown? The last thing you want to do is to be scrambling to get everything ready the day of: decorations need to go up, tables and chairs need set up, the buffet table requires food to be organized properly. If time management is not your forte and stress gets to you easily, seek out a catering company that will provide setup and takedown services.
Whether you’re hosting a large party or planning an office event, hiring the right people for catering services in Honolulu, HI will save your sanity and free you up to mingle with your guests. At Haili’s Hawaiian Foods, a professional and friendly staff is waiting to provide you with the service you deserve. From our tasty Hawaiian cuisine and beautiful catering setup presentation to pre-party food planning and final cleanup, we’ve got everything you should be looking for in a catering company.